Join us & make a difference.
- Members can join discussion forums and have their say on issues for consumers.
- Members can vote to make decisions about the future association
- It’s free to register
- The more members we have, the more influential we can be
Who can register?
Any person in Australia with experience as a mental health consumer is eligible to register on this website.
This means if you have a lived experience of mental health problems (however you personally define that) and/or of being a service user of mental health services.
By registering you agree that:
- You’re a person and not a spambot
- You are, or have been, a mental health consumer/survivor/service user (although we acknowledge this language is problematic for many people)
- You live in Australia
- You’ll abide by the general rules of forums to be respectful of others, and no spamming, promoting goods for sale, promoting websites not related to mental health and/or consumer issues, trolling or bullying
Just follow this link to complete the registration – it only takes seconds:
Weird question on form? The form will include a question that seem a little odd, for example: “What colour is snow?” This is a security measure to stop hacker robots and spammers from getting into the site. The idea is that only a real person can answer these questions, and it helps to keep our site secure. Please just answer any odd questions like this. Eg, for the sample question above, you would type: “white”.
Invalid email activation key? After you complete the form, you’ll be sent an email and asked to click on the link to activate your account. Again, this keeps the site secure from automated spammers. Some users have reported an error: when they click on the link the screen tells them that they have an “invalid activation key”. However, if they then go and try to log in to the site, it works fine. We are investigating this error to find a solution as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, please ignore the error if it happens. We’ll let people know when it’s resolved (and if you are a clever programmer who knows how to fix this, please tell us in the Volunteering Forum!